posted Aug 31, 2011, 7:57 AM by Eric Van Hensbergen
updated Sep 19, 2011, 7:09 AM
Goals & Expected Outcomes
- Participants understand the DOE Exascale vision and preliminary plans.
- Participants are aware of what was learned during the summer workshops on Programming Challenges and Advanced Architectures and they understand the impact of that information on their own research efforts.
- Participants have greater understanding of the outcomes from the NNSA Exascale Roadmapping Workshops and the potential for collaboration between the ASCR and NNSA research communities.
- Participants understand the role of the ASCR Co-Design Centers in the development of Exascale systems, their respective individual roles in the Exascale co-design process, and how that process will affect their ASCR-supported research.
- Participating computer scientists and application scientists have greater understanding about the topic of uncertainty quantification and research in this area.